|Course : North Point Village Center|
|Location: Reston Parkway at Lake Newport Road||Distance: 10.0 Miles|
- Walk toward the entrance at the Blockbuster end of the parking lot.
- Cross Reston Parkway to walk down Center Harbor Road.
- Turn left on North Village Road.
- Take path to right of St. Johns Wood sign.
- At the picnic pavilion bear right to follow the asphalt path across North Village Road.
- Turn left on asphalt path on the east side of North Village Road. Stay on the main path and ignore narrow asphalt paths on right.
- At T intersection turn left to continue following North Village Road.
- Turn right onto the next path just prior to stone wall and creek crossing.
- After going under Wiehle Avenue, turn left onto the connecting ramp.
- Follow the path in the same direction as the ramp along Wiehle Avenue.
- At the next intersection (Weatherstone Ct) turn right onto the sidewalk.
- Follow the sidewalk to the play area. Turn right onto the wide asphalt path just past the play area and proceed down the hill to Bright Pond.
- Turn left onto natural trail/cleared area to walk around Bright Pond. (If this is muddy you can walk directly across the dam on an asphalt path and continue straight on path, picking up direction #16.)
- Turn right on asphalt path to continue around pond.
- Turn left at path intersection to take continuation of path that crossed the dam. Walk between houses.
- Turn right on Bright Pond Road and follow the sidewalk along the road.
- Turn right on path just before private drive at the end of Bright Pond Road.
- Follow the path to the right and back up the hill, crossing another dam which is not in use.
- Turn left onto the asphalt path at the end of the dam and head toward the woods. There will be houses on your right.
- Stay on main path as it curves through the woods. Ignore narrow path on right.
- Cross Center Harbor Road and turn right to stay on the asphalt path along Center Harbor.
- Cross Wiehle Ave. Continue on path along Center Harbor Road. Do not walk in street.
- Cross North Village Road and turn left. Follow path along North Village Road.
- Turn right on Lake Newport Road.
- Cross Reston Parkway. For 3-mile walk, turn right on Reston Parkway and return to shopping center.
- For 6-mile walk, turn left and cross Lake Newport Road. Continue south on Reston Parkway. Soccer field and parking lot will be on your right.
- Cross Bennington Woods Road. A row of evergreens screens the houses on your right.
- When the evergreens end turn right onto the asphalt path between the field and the homes. It's soon after a fire hydrant.
- The baseball field ends and the area on the left becomes wooded. Continue on the path through the woods and do not take the side path on the left.
- Take the crosswalk across Bennington Woods Road. Turn right and take the crosswalk across Walnut Branch Road. Turn left and walk west on the asphalt path along Walnut Branch Road.
- Turn right onto the path at Grey Squirrel Lane and the entrance to Autumnwood Recreation Area. The path appears to go into the woods and then turns left following the entrance road, past the pool parking lot.
- The asphalt path turns into a concrete sidewalk. Follow the sidewalk past the building where it becomes an asphalt path again. Follow the asphalt path past the pool entrance.
- Take the first path to the right after the swimming pool. Follow the path along the swimming pool fence toward the back of the pool.
- The path enters a petroleum pipeline right of way and proceeds up the hill.
- Near the top of the hill, turn left at the "T" intersection, going into the woods.
- Soon after passing a day care center on the right, cross Lake Newport Road toward Armstrong School.
- Turn right on path along Lake Newport Road.
- Pass a path on the left going into the woods. Continue up the hill on the path along Lake Newport Road.
- After crossing Elk Point Drive, turn left onto the trail along the pipeline. Note the houses in the distance. You will be turning just prior to those houses.
- Do not turn right onto any of the narrow paths along the pipeline. The main path turns to the right just before the backyards of the houses. (The path to the left ends at the street that the houses are on.)
- The path enters the woods going up hill.
- Near the top of the hill a path branches to the left. Continue on the path to the right.
- At path intersection turn right onto path along Reston Parkway.
- Follow path back to North Point Village Center. For an extra half mile, turn right onto Great Owl Drive. At the stop sign walk around Great Owl Circle and back to Great Owl Drive & Reston Parkway. Continue right along Reston Parkway to North Point Village Center.
The first 3 miles of this course is essential the 3-mile walking course from the same location.
North Point Village Center 6 Mile Walk-Satellite