|Course : Sunrise Valley Elementary School 18 Mile Trail Run
|Location: Cross School Road at Sunrise Valley Drive||Distance: 10 or 18.0 miles|
- LEFT on W&OD toward Town Center for about 1 mile
- RIGHT on Michael Faraday Drive, take trail into woods, (follow white-blazed posts with horseshoes carved on them for the entire run), run one mile down hill, ford small stream
- RIGHT after stream crossing, uphill following white posts - you're now doing the Thanksgiving Day 5K course in reverse
- Follow the trail up and down hills, alongside a soccer field and across a couple small streams. The trail will open up to an athletic field. Continue down a steep hill
- At open area (Lake Fairfax picnic area), turn right then immediately left, following path back into woods.
- Cross Hunter Mill Road and continue on the trail keeping right at fork after about 1/4 mile
- At Carpers Farm Way, (water here at about 5 miles from start), cross Route 7 and take the 1st road to the RIGHT
- Follow the road a short distance until it turns into a trail and continues along the left side of Difficult Run
- Cross Difficult Run on the fair-weather crossing, take right onto CCT.
- Stay along right side of Leigh Mill Road to end of field (sometimes there's water there) then cross street and continue on trail into woods (and more mud).
- Cross under Old Dominion Drive
- When you reach the Difficult Run/Steam Edge parking area turn around for an approximately 17-18 mile run. Cross the stream to continue on to Great Falls Park for a longer run
For an alternative 9-to-10 mile trail run, instead of crossing Rt 7 at step #5, follow path on far side of Carpers Farm Way and complete the 10-mile trail loop.
Sunrise Valley Elementary School 18 Mile Trail Run-Street