Tall Oaks Village Center
North Shore Drive East of South Intersection with Wiehle Avenue
3 Mile Walk
View: Start Location / Street Map / Satellite Map
- Start at parking lot. Walk to asphalt path that starts between the high rise building and the town houses.
- Continue on MAIN path (ignore little offshoots on the right).
- Cross stream on footbridge.
- After passing bench on your right, go left over foot bridge (#18) onto asphalt path.
- Stay to the left of triangle of trees and continue on asphalt path.
- Stay left at the next fork (at trash can).
- Go left on North Shore.
- Go left onto pedestrian overpass to get over Wiehle Avenue.
- Stay to the right towards North Shore. Go left on North Shore.
- Left at Northgate Square.
- Immediately go right into first parking lot to start of paved trail and go left on trail.
- Go left on trail as you see little covered bridge (on right).
- Go right on trail at next juncture.
- Go left at triangle-fork (you can see lake in front of you).
- Head up to cul de sac and then walk left out of Inlet Court (towards Wiehle).
- Go right on path just before Wiehle Avenue.
- Stay on path (passing Lake Anne on your right).
- Go left on fork in path abutting Wiehle (on your left now).
- Go right at traffic light. (For a shorter walk, go left at traffic light to cross Wiehle onto North Shore. Left on "fire lane" route to go behind shopping center and back to parking lot.)
- Go right at Wedge Drive.
- Left at Links Drive.
- Right onto North Shore Drive for about 100 yards. Turn left and cross North Shore Drive at the crosswalk to pick up asphalt path which will go under Wiehle Avenue.
- NOTE: Due to construction, finish the Walk and Run Courses on Northshore to return to parking. Avoid the tunnel finish of the traditional courses.