- Start by turning right onto Twin Branches Road, and then right again onto Glade Drive.
- Right on Timberhead Lane onto the asphalt path.
- Stay on asphalt path. At the fire hydrant & RA post, bear left uphill, staying on the path.
- Continue on main asphalt path. Cross Compass Point Lane & continue downhill.
- At Glade continue right on asphalt adjacent to Glade.
- Right on Quartermaster Lane sidewalk. Pass Taffrail Ct.
- Left on Spyglass Cove Lane.
- Right on asphalt path AFTER driveway of #11280-82.
- Stay on path which curves to the left. Do NOT take the right towards the end of Lake Audubon where the Triathletes do their swim turnaround
- Shortly after you pass the above, head right on nature trail where the asphalt path turns left.(If the nature trail is muddy take the asphalt path to the T intersection and turn right onto asphalt parallel to Glade Drive. Then go to direction #16.)
- Follow the trail past the 'Story Beneath Your Feet' sign on your right.
- At 'Y' bear left.
- Shortly at next 'Y', take left uphill.
- As you go from mulch trail onto gravel trail, turn right to cross wooden bridge.
- Follow trail to Nature Center. Walk around building, through parking lot, and up gravel driveway to turn right onto asphalt path parallel to Glade Drive.
- Cross Soapstone. Opposite tennis courts Cross Glade and follow path into woods.
- Turn right onto asphalt path going behind a bench.
- Turn right onto asphalt path at playground.
- Pass path on left.Turn right onto nature trail by TALL green cable box with orange letters.
- Left at low green cable box going up towards a gray house.
- Walk up cul-de-sac and turn left onto path along Triple Crown.
- Walk on the street for the last few yards before reaching Steeplechase. Left onto asphalt path at Steeplechase.
- Pass playground on left, cross foot bridge, and go left on asphalt path.
- Left over bridge 63. Cross drainage pipe and turn right on asphalt path.
- Cross bridge 62; later cross bridge 61; much later cross bridge 60 and then bridge 55 at Soapstone Drive.
- Cross Soapstone, cross bridge 53, and go straight.
- Take the second asphalt path on the left after crossing Soapstone. (The first left goes over a bridge, the second doesn't.)
- Pass beaver overlook on right.At top of path, head left along Twin Branches to cross Glade to reach pool start.
For an even longer walk, add the following trail option to the W&OD trail and back:
29. Cross Twin Branches opposite Glade. Go up hill to a wide dirt/gravel road that angles up to the left. Follow it up the hill and then down steeply.
30. After 0.2 mile the trail forks and you go left across a wooden bridge. Continue along this rather wet trail for a quarter mile until it climbs left to a clearing along an earthen dam.
31. At the end of the dam, go right downhill then left to continue in original direction.
32. After 0.3 mile cross a wooden bridge and turn left along a major trail until you reach the W&OD paved trail. Retrace steps along the dirt trail to return to pool.