Course : North Point Village Center - Metric Marathon
Location: Reston Parkway at Lake Newport Road
Distance: 16.28 Miles (26.2 km)
- Start from North Point VC Parking Lot (across from Boston Market)
- Go up path by bank toward the traffic light and right (south) on sidewalk along Reston Parkway for about ¼ mile,
- Right on sidewalk on Bennington Woods Road
- Just after Trails Edge Lane, keep right onto path at fork at bottom of hill.
- Right at Autumnwood Pool parking lot and continue onto path at end, cross small foot bridge, then left on path by soccer field.
- Left on sidewalk along Walnut Branch Road for about ¼ mile.
- At “T” at end of Walnut Branch Road, cross Bennington Woods Road and onto path for about ½ mile.
- Right at “T” onto sidewalk along Reston Parkway for about ¼ mile..
- Right on sidewalk along Rt. 606, Baron Cameron Ave. For about ¾ mile.
- Right on sidewalk along Rt. 7100, Fairfax County Parkway. (Water stop after about 2 miles at 7100 & Wiehle Ave.)
- After Water Authority, sidewalk veers right, away from 7100 and continues along Holly Knoll Drive. Follow to end at Sugarland Road.
- Left at Sugarland Road and go two blocks to regain sidewalk along 7100.
- Right on sidewalk along Rt. 7, Leesburg Pike for about ½ mile.
- Right on Dranesville Manor Road then immediate right into driveway circling Dranesville Tavern.
- Left at end back onto sidewalk along Rt. 7
- Left on sidewalk along Fairfax County Pkwy
- Left on sidewalk along Sugarland Road
- Right on sidewalk along Holly Knoll drive
- Left on sidewalk along Wiehle Ave (Water Stop) for about 1 mile.
- Right on sidewalk along Reston Parkway.
- Return to start via access road after Mobil gas stations.
- After water stop, exit parking lot by Dance Studio to Lake Newport Road
- Cross Lake Newport at parking lot exit and onto path along soccer field
- Follow path until it hits a “T”. Turn left
- Follow path to end at Bennington Woods Road. Turn left on sidewalk.
- Follow sidewalk to Reston Parkway. Turn Left
- Follow sidewalk back to Lake Newport Road. Cross Lake Newport Rd., then turn right on far side to cross Reston Parkway at the light (carefully)
- Follow sidewalk to North Village Road. Turn Left.
- Follow sidewalk along North Village Road, crossing Center Harbor Road (carefully) at the stop sign and continuing downhill into North Hills Park
- Left at bottom of hill on path through picnic pavilion, continuing on path across small bridge for about 300 yards, returning to North Village Rd.
- Cross North Village Road and go right on sidewalk along North Village Road for about 200 yards
- Sidewalk bears left away from Rd, then forks. Keep left uphill continuing for about 200 yards to Center Harbor Road
- Cross Center Harbor and turn left onto sidewalk for about 150 yards.
- Right onto sidewalk along Wiehle Ave. for about 1/2 mile
- Right on path at Rt. 606, Baron Cameron Avenue, for almost 1/2 mile, keeping to left after foot bridge.
- Right on path at Browns Chapel Rd (into Lake Newport Tennis area)
- Continue uphill on the path on the right, turning right on the path along the dam
- Left at “T” about 100 yards beyond the end of dam
- Right on Waterfront Road for about 100 yards
- Left on first path, following it around Lake Newport for over 1/2 mile
- Keep left at tennis court parking lot to circle the median clockwise. Then turn left to exit parking lot via the entrance/exit road at the upper end of the median.
- Right onto North Village Road for about 50 yards
- Left on Bennington Woods Road for about 1/2 mile
- Left on Stowe Road for about 1/3 mile
- Bear right and continue on path at the end of Stowe Road for about 50 yards
- Left on path along Baron Cameron Avenue for about 1/3 mile
- Left on sidewalk along North Village Road
- Left on sidewalk along far side of Lake Newport Road. Cross Reston Parkway to the finish.