North End of Grey Squirrel Lane off Walnut Branch Rd
10 Mile Run
Measured: 10 Miles
- Start: head west on trail, looping behind the pool.
- Right at "T", then take second left up to along the soccer field.
- Right along Lake Newport Drive, cross Reston Parkway and North Village and continue.
- Right on path, follow around to Lake Newport parking lot. Left up the steps, continue along dam.
- Right on path after basketball court, left onto path along Baron Cameron, right through the tunnel.
- Follow path to tunnel under North Shore, continue on path to Lake. Up to Inlet Dr. Right on path along Lake Anne dam.
- Follow path to left on W&OD. Cross Sunrise Valley Drive and right on path.
- Follow path across Barton Hill and continue up the Jerry Robinson shortcut - The path along the Sunrise Valley side of the soccer field. It goes uphill and then veers left and right to South Lakes Drive.
- Go through the tunnel under South Lakes and cut through the parking lot to the lake.
- Take the path to the right. Follow to Lake Thoreau Pool parking lot. ,
- Cross Upper Lakes Drive and follow path along Sunrise Valley to right on the other end of Upper Lakes.
- Cross Sunrise Valley, left on path to right along Wiehle. Cross Sunset Hills to left on W&OD.
- Continue on the W&OD to right on path just before Fairfax County Parkway. Run along-side lake to right on pathway after townhouses.
- Left on Crescent Park Dr. Cross New Dominion Parkway, continue on Town Center Drive, circling the hospital.
- Left on Town Center Parkway. Cross Baron Cameron Ave. Left on path at Stevenage Road.
- Go around pond to right on path along Fairfax County Parkway. Cross Walnut Branch to right on path.
- Follow to left on path leading to Autumnwood Pool finish.