Hunters Woods Pool
Tunnels and Bridges Run
5 Mile Run
Measured: 5.43 Miles
- Start on trail across from the pool by Reston Association Marker 35. Pass pavilion and gardens on the left, basketball courts and soccer field on the right.
- Right after the soccer field (Marker 37).
- At Glade Drive and Colts Neck Road intersection, bear right on the trail then left to go under Colts Neck. Turn left at the next trail intersection (Marker 39).
- Bear left and go under Glade Drive (Marker 40).
- Continue up the path then onto Shire Court. Continue to end.
- Pick up trail on right, go down hill and across bridge.
- Right at “T” on pathway.
- Right at next path intersection.
- Follow main pathway to left onto path under Soapstone. Left again after tunnel, follow down short steep hill.
- Follow main pathway to and through tunnel under South Lakes Dr.
- Follow main pathway up to Terraset Elementary.
- Take path to right to tunnel under Ridge Heights, continue straight.
- Right on narrow path to Turtle Pond Dr. Right on pathway leading past the pool.
- Left on path leading back through tunnel under Ridge Heights.
- Right on path leading behind the school, left on path just after playground.
- Right through tunnel under Soapstone.
- Follow main path – along Double Eagle Court, by the pond and along golf course.
- Left through tunnel under South Lakes Drive.
- Follow path down hill veering left at junction then follow to the right over a bridge.
- Continue to left over new bridge.
- Follow path then right at the outbound path leading back over the bridge.
- Reverse back to start.
First run: 2007
Click on the map below to enlarge it.