|Course : Autumnwood Pool|
|Location: Autumnwood Pool||Distance: 3.1 miles|
|Maps : Start / Street|
- Directions:Take the path on the left side of the swimming pool. Follow the path along the swimming pool fence toward the back of the pool.
- The path enters a petroleum pipeline right of way and proceeds up the hill.
- Near the top of the hill, turn left at the "T" intersection, going into the woods.
- Soon after passing a day care center on the right, cross Lake Newport Road toward Armstrong School.
- Turn right on path along Lake Newport Road.
- Pass a path on the left going into the woods. Continue up the hill on the path along Lake Newport Road.
- After crossing Elk Point Drive, turn left onto the trail along the pipeline. Note the houses in the distance. You will be turning just prior to those houses.
- Do not turn right onto any of the narrow paths along the pipeline. Take the trail to the right at Marker 18, the trail enters the woods going uphill.
- Near the top of the hill a path branches to the left. Continue on the path to the right.
- The trail intersects with a trail along Reston Parkway. Take the trail to the right following Reston Parkway South.
- Turn right onto Great Owl Drive. At the stop sign walk around Great Owl Circle and back to Great Owl Drive & Reston Parkway. Continue right along Reston Parkway.
- Follow path to North Point Village Center.
- Continue south on Reston Parkway. Soccer field and parking lot will be on your right.
- Cross Bennington Woods Road. A row of evergreens screens the houses on your right.
- When the evergreens end turn right onto the asphalt path between the field and the homes. It's soon after a fire hydrant.
- The baseball field ends and the area on the left becomes wooded. Continue on the path through the woods and do not take the side path on the left.
- Take the crosswalk across Bennington Woods Road. Turn right and take the crosswalk across Walnut Branch Road. Turn left and walk west on the asphalt path along Walnut Branch Road.
- Turn right onto the path at Grey Squirrel Lane and the entrance to Autumnwood Recreation Area. The path leads you back to the pool parking lot.