|Course : Lake Thoreau Pool - 3 Mile Walk (Street)|
|Location: Sunrise Valley Dr at Upper Lake Dr||Distance: 3.0 miles|
|Maps : Start / Street|
- Starting at the pool parking lot and keeping the lake on the right, take asphalt path parallel to Sunrise Valley Drive.
- Right into Lakeport gray town homes; cross parking area to path between white rails.
- Follow path crossing street. Bear right behind South Lakes Village Center, then left towards Lakeside Restaurant.
- Stay on sidewalk turning right where the shops end at Starbucks.
- Path parallels South Lakes Drive with Lake Thoreau on the right.
- At "T" intersection, turn right to go away from South Lakes Drive. Ignore South Lakes and Ridge Heights tunnels.
- Path goes uphill to concrete walk which rejoins asphalt path close to lake.
- Continue on asphalt path crossing 5 cluster streets (bear right when crossing first 3 streets (Lakewinds, Lakebreeze, and Chadds Ford), straight across Swans Neck, & left when crossing Turtle Pond (large, dark brown townhouses).
- After passing Ridge Heights pool (on the right), turn right downhill.
- At the triangle, take a sharp left to go through the Ridge Heights tunnel.
- Stay left on path past Terraset School to go downhill and into the woods.
- Right at "Y" to stay on path through woods, not up the hill to SLHS fields. Cross Bridge #38.
- Right at triangle.Follow asphalt path.Cross bridges 39 & 40.
- Stay right. Do not go through Soapstone tunnel.
- At Terraset, follow path to the right, going behind Terraset, then left and right to go through Ridge Heights tunnel.
- Stay straight to cross bridge #41. Then path curves left.
- After passing play equipment on your left, turn right at the "Y"
- Cross Purple Beech Drive. Cross bridge #42.
- Right on Upper Lake Drive and follow Upper Lake Drive until you are back at Lake Thoreau Pool on your right.