As long as the Corona Virus remains a dangerous threat, it is essential for individuals to follow the current government guidance, as well common sense safety protocols for group activity and mandatory for participants in Reston Runners runs and walks.
Reston Runner Group Activity
While current local regulations allow gatherings of up to 50 people, and outdoor exercise, properly distanced, is considered relatively safe, the Corona Virus remains a dangerous threat. To promote a safe return to group activity, the Club Board has set forth the following framework based on guidance from the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA), developed in partnership with the Chicago Area Runners Association, which all participants are expected to adhere to.
- Intially, meeting locations will be limited to those courses that allow safe distancing, both at the start/finish, and along the course itself (6 feet, but 10 feet while running).
- Bring your own hydration (bottles/packs). The Club is suspending water support. Do not share personal items.
- To promote safe distancing, there will be no general announcements at the start. Look for updates on the Website and eNews.
- Do not particpate if your are feeling sick or ill, or have a fever, or if you have been in contact with someone that has had Covid-19.
- Make a careful decision about particpating if you are in a high risk category (age or underlying medical condition).
- Do run single-file, not two abreast unless there is ample public space to do so. Don't force others off of a sidewalk or trail by hogging the space, or block access to restroom or buildings. Be considerate of others.
- Don't spit or “nose rocket” your nose in public. Bring along tissue.
- Do wash your hands or use hand sanitizer after using a port-a-john. As a reminder, prepare for limited access to public restrooms or water fountains.
- Post run/walk socializing will be limited to outdoors, maintaining safe distancing.