Reston Nature House
To be used on special occasions
North side of Glade Dr about 500 ft east of Soapstone Dr.
5 Mile Run
Measured: 5.0 Miles
View: Start Location
- Start at Walker Nature Center main entrance.
- Left on the trail along north side of Glade Drive for about 0.2 miles.
- Left on trail down into the woods about 50 yards after crossing Crows Nest Lane for about 0.2 miles to the bottom of the hill at lakeside where trail turns left.
- Right after about 75 yards to cross footbridge, continuing for about 100 yards.
- Left on trail for about 2/3 mile.
- Left on trail behind 7/11 for about 50 yards.
- Right on trail through underpass for about 100 yards.
- Right at T intersection for over1/2 mile.
- Left at T intersection for about 250 yards, bearing left at the first intersection after about 100 yds.
- Bear Right at split in trail for about 300 yards.
- Left at T intersection for about 50 yards.
- Bear Right at split in trail for about 50 yards.
- Sharp Left up steep hill behind Community Center for about 200 yards.
- Left at top of hill near front of Lutheran Church for about 150 yards through condo parking lot.
- Right on trail through underpass under Glade Drive for about 50 yards.
- Left onto natural surface trail for more than 1-1/4 miles just before the asphalt trail turns right about 50 feet after the underpass, passing along the sidewalk along Glade Drive after about 100 yards for about 100 feet, then bearing right into the woods, then bearing right to pass between Deepwood townhouses on the left and detached houses in Reston on the right, crossing Triple Crown Road after about 1/2 mile, then continuing downhill to the Glade stream valley, crossing asphalt trails 3 times while following the stream.
- Right at 4th asphalt trail for about 100 yards.
- Left at T intersection crossing Soapstone Drive.
- Left onto trail intersection just beyond asphalt trail intersection to the right and trail marker showing left turn arrow for Nature Trail to the Nature House, crossing wooden bridge and continuing for about 50 yards.
- Left at T intersection onto another natural surface trail for about 100 yards.
- Right at T intersection onto a narrower natural surface trail for about 100 yards.
- Left to remain on Nature Trail at ring tree stump chairs for about 100 yards.
- Left at T intersection onto a wider natural surface trail for about 300 yards.
- Right at Glade Drive along natural surface trail for about 100 yards.
- Left across Glade Drive, being careful of traffic, to return to Start.