North Point Village Center
Reston Parkway at Lake Newport Rd
~ 10 Mile Trail Run
It’s about 1.5 miles from start to dirt trail
- Exit the Village Center on the path next to the bank at the Lake Newport side of the parking lot and cross Reston Parkway, heading east on Lake Newport Rd..
- About 1/3 mile, turn right on the paved trail which crosses Lake Newport Rd.
- About ½ mile, through parking lot, turn left onto paved trail just before Baron Cameron Rd.
- Bear right across wooden bridge, then turn right through tunnel under Baron Cameron Rd.
- Up hill and just after the hill crest, where apartment parking crosses path, keep right to get onto North Shore Dr.
- Turn left on North Shore Dr. Stay on North Shore Dr., crossing Weihle Ave, for about ½ mile to end with Upland Pool on right.
- Right though the small Upland Pool parking lot and right onto path down hill.
- At the bottom of the hill, turn left onto the dirt trail.
- After the foot bridge, at the 3-way fork, go straight. (~0.5miles)
- Right at fork (~50 yards)
- Right onto dirt road (~1 mile). Pay attention to trail entrance behind you so you’ll find it coming back.
- Straight returning onto trial when road veers right (~ ¼ mile)
- Trail merges with the CCT just south of the lighted soccer fields in Lake Fairfax Park. (~ ½ mile).
- Stay on CCT until Carpers Farm Way, across Rte. 7 from Colvin Run Mill. (Water will be available there on most days)
- This is the normal turn-around point for a 10-mile run.
- Retrace course watching for the following:
- After the lighted soccer fields, keep right at the fork, where there is a sign about the Fairfax Park trails.
- There is a fork shortly after the above fork, keep right.
- When you return to the dirt road (see step 11 above), pay attention to the left turn onto the trail
- After you cross the bridge with Lake Fairfax on your right, keep left, not right which goes up a hill.