Directions To The Water Stations Of The
"South Lakes High School Option B (SLHSB)" Course
Getting by car to your station and to the start/finish (S/F) location
Use the following time allotments as a guideline to get to the station's location, setup the station and, as applicable, continue to the S/F station assuming you start at Reston Pkwy at the Dulles Access Rd:
- S/F station - 20 minutes
- 2nd station - 45 minutes
Use the following time allotments after the run's start as a guideline to clear the station:
- S/F station - 110 minutes
- 2nd station - 60 minutes
The S/F station is located at SLHS west parking lot on South Lakes Dr, east of Soapstone Dr. It may be used 3 times (at 0/~7/10 miles).
- Take Reston Pkwy south and turn left (east) on South Lakes Dr.
- About a 1/4 mile passed (east of) Soapstone Dr turn left (north) to the west parking lot SLHS.
- Set the water station by the curb of the NE corner of the parking lot.
The 2nd station is located on Glade trail by Steeplechase Dr. It may be visited once (at ~5 miles).
- Take Reston Pkwy south and turn left (east) on Glade Dr.
- Turn right (south) to Colts Neck Rd and then turn left (east) to Steeplechase Dr (by Hunter Woods Elementary School).
- Cross Triple Crown Rd and proceed to the intersection with Glade trail.
- Make a U-turn and set the station along the trail next to the under-road culverts.
- Go north on Steeplechase Dr and make a right (east) to Colts Neck Dr.
- Turn right (east) to South Lakes Dr.
- Turn left (south) to west parking lot of SLHS